Welcome to your Casa V!
ECM Double Spouted Portafilter, Double Basket, Single Basket, Plastic Tamper, Backflush Blank, Grouphead Brush, Water Test Strips
Filling the Reservoir
- The Casa V operates on a 3 liter water reservoir located under the rear tray.
- Use soft potable water only and do not operate the machine without water.
- Your 3 Liter reservoir will make approximately 25-30 drinks before needing to be refilled.
- To fill reservoir:
- Remove the rear tray and fill reservoir while seated in machine
- Alternately you can remove the reservoir from the machine to fill.
- Fill reservoir to about an inch below the top of the tank.
- Reseat tank in the same orientation that it was removed.
- This machine does not have a magnetic float or sensor.
- The Casa V is a reservoir only model.
Power on Machine
- Your machine is set for use on a 110v outlet.
- Prior to starting the machine, check all four buttons to ensure they are in the off/closed position (buttons clicked out), and the drip tray is inserted accurately.
- Plug the machine directly into a grounded socket, do not use an extension cord or multiple socket.
- The main power On/Off button is located just below the green power lamp. Clicked In is on and you will see the green led illuminate; Clicked Out is off, you will see the green led light and machine power off.
- **FIRST TIME STARTUP: BEGIN FILLING BOILER AS SOON AS MACHINE IS POWERED ON** Follow the first time startup instructions below to fill your boiler.
First Time Startup
- Following the steps above, fill your water reservoir, plug in the machine, and turn power on (Clicked In).
- **BEGIN FILLING BOILER AS SOON AS MACHINE IS POWERED ON** The heating elements begin heating once the machine is powered on.
- To fill your boiler at initial startup place the steam tip into an empty pitcher or directed into the drip tray, twist the black knob counter-clockwise to open the steam valve. At the same time engage the pump by pressing the coffee brew button (Clicked In).
- Let pump run until you see water coming out of both the group head and the steam wand.
- Twist the black knob clockwise to close the steam valve and turn off brew button (Click Out).
- A large amount of water is required for the first filling of the boiler, you can expect to refresh the water tank with water during this start up process.
- The machine is now ready to brew coffee.
Switching Coffee to Steam
- When the machine is in coffee brewing mode (Main power on and all other buttons are closed/off), your boiler will heat to a preset temperature around 200F, the ideal coffee brewing temperature.
- To switch over to steam setting you will be heating the boiler up to a preset temperature around 250F, you will also need to drain some water from the boiler to allow room for the steam to build up.
- Turn on steam mode button (Clicked In), place the steam tip into pitcher or drip tray, and open up the steam wand turning the knob counter-clockwise. You will see the orange indicator lamp illuminate.
- Keep the wand open and drain water from the boiler until you begin to see sputtering water and some steam building. Turn off the wand once the sputtering has nearly turned into steam.
- Wait for the orange light to turn off (once it has heated to about 250F it will stop heating), at this point you are ready to steam your milk.
- After you have completed your milk steaming, wipe down your steam wand and turn off the steam boiler mode button (Click Out).
- Place the steam tip into an empty pitcher or drip tray and open up the steam wand turning the knob counter-clockwise to release steam, at the same time turn on the coffee brew button (Clicked In).
- Wait for water to refill the boiler and begin flowing from steam tip and group head. Once water is flowing at full capacity turn off the brew button (Clicked Out) and turn off the steam wand turning the knob clockwise.
- Wait for the orange light to turn off to indicate ideal brew temperature of 200F before pulling your next shot of espresso.
- If the machine will be idle for any period of time it best to leave it in coffee brewing mode or powered off.
Specifications and Technical information
|Panel Material||Stainless steel|
|Frame Material||Stainless steel|
|Drip Tray||Stainless steel|
|Drip Tray Cover||Stainless steel|
|Drip Tray Capacity||30oz|
|Reservoir or Plumbed||Reservoir|
|Capacity||3 Liters/100 fl oz, makes approximately 25 beverages|
|Material||BPA free plastic|
|Low Water Shutoff||Yes|
|No Burn (Insulated)||Yes|
|Wand Movement||Articulating, full rotation|
|Steam Tip Holes||2|
|Optional Steam Tips||Yes|
|Brew Temperature Control?||None|
|Pulling shots||Semi-automatic, push button to start and stop|
|Steam Mode||Push button, great steam power within one minute|
|Hot Water Delivery||For Americanos, push button to start and stop hot water dispensing through steam wand|
|Pressure Gauge||Yes, displays brew pressure|
|CUP WARMING TRAY|
|Materials||Chrome plated brass body with plastic handle and chrome end cap for balanced weight|
|Baskets Included||Double basket holds up to 18 grams, single basket holds up to 9 grams, backflush disk for cleaning|
|Bottomless Portafilter||Available separately|
|Boiler Capacity||.4 liter/13.5oz|
|Steam speed||6oz of milk in 20 seconds|
|Insulated||Yes, velcro wrap|
|Pump Type||Vibration, Ulka brand|
|Pump Pressure||9 Bar|
|Adjustable Brew Pressure||Yes, accessible from top of machine|
|NSF Certified for Commercial Use||No|
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org