Are you looking for a first espresso machine or upgrade in the $1000-$1600 mark? Up until recently our options were quite limited in between the Rancilio Silvia and the established range of dual boilers (which had largely started around $2000). We now have a variety of durable options that have similar features and performance to machines which cost significantly more. These machines are the Quick Mill Silvano Evo, the ECM/Clive Classika PID, the Profitec Pro 300, and the Profitec Pro 500.
For people that will make drinks occasionally or one at a time, do you prefer straight espresso or will you regularly steam milk?
- For the espresso purist, we’d recommend our ECM/Clive Classika PID as it offers espresso performance on par with our flagship ECM Synchronika at a fraction of the price.
- If the Classika is outside your budget, the Quick Mill Silvano Evo will pull very similar PID controlled shots at an amazing price point - however, it isn't nearly as easy to maintain.
- If you’ll be steaming milk occasionally, then the Classika PID's .75 liter boiler can build great steam power within a minute of pulling shots.
- For people that don’t want to wait to steam then we’d recommend the dual boiler Profitec Pro 300, because it will provide a more convenient and consistent experience.
- If the Pro 300 is outside your budget, again, the Quick Mill Silvano Evo is a great combination of temperature controlled shots and simultaneous milk steaming.
If you want to make back to back drinks, what's your favorite size of beverage?
- For 6-12oz drinks, we’d recommend the Profitec Pro 500 because of its maximum steam power, timeless style and simple serviceability.
- For less than 6oz drinks, we’d recommend the Profitec Pro 300 because its dual boilers make consistent shots and milk steaming a breeze!