Are you looking for a first espresso machine or upgrade in the $1000-$1600 mark? Up until recently our options were quite limited in between the Rancilio Silvia and the established range of dual boilers (which had largely started around $2000). We now have a variety of durable options that have similar features and performance to machines which cost significantly more. These machines are the Special Edition Classika PID by ECM, the Profitec Pro 300, and the Profitec Pro 500.
For people that will make drinks occasionally or one at a time, do you prefer straight espresso or will you regularly steam milk?
- For the espresso purist, we’d recommend our ECM/Clive Classika PID as it offers espresso performance on par with our flagship ECM Synchronika at a fraction of the price.
- If you’ll be steaming milk occasionally, then the Classika PID's .75 liter boiler can build great steam power within a minute of pulling shots.
- For people that don’t want to wait to steam then we’d recommend the dual boiler Profitec Pro 300, because it will provide a more convenient and consistent experience.
If you want to make back to back drinks, what's your favorite size of beverage?
- For 6-12oz drinks, we’d recommend the Profitec Pro 500 because of its maximum steam power, timeless style and simple serviceability.
- For less than 6oz drinks, we’d recommend the Profitec Pro 300 because its dual boilers make consistent shots and milk steaming a breeze!