Which coffee maker is right for you?
When considering which coffee maker to buy, we have found that there are a few key details to know that make the decision easier. All of our brewers conform to the SCAA standard, brewing at 197-200º in 5-6 minutes which means their cup quality will be comparable. Make sure to plan for a proper burr grinder as you research brewers.
- If you need piping hot coffee and great build quality, we recommend the Technivorm Moccamaster KBG-741 Glass Carafe because of its warming plate. Built and hand assembled in Holland, these brewers have quality not only in the cup but in the construction as well. The 14” height will fit under most cabinets.
- If the Technivorm is outside the ideal budget, then we’d recommend the Bonavita glass carafe as it also has a warming plate. Built in China of German components, this brewer doesn’t feel quite as sturdy as the Technivorm, but has smoother edges and offers a nice price point.
- If you’d like a more durable design (no worry breaking the glass carafe) and a fresher brew, we recommend the Technivorm KBTG-741 with thermal carafe. With this model, the heat gets locked in while brewing, but will retain more of the delicate flavor notes. It has a sleek but functional profile and reaches 15” in height.
- If the Technivorm is outside of your budget, or if you would like something with a shorter profile, the Bonavita with the thermal carafe (comes in 8 or 5 cup) makes consistent and delicious drip coffee in a sweet price point and reaching only 12.25”.
- For those that want beautiful aesthetics, and an intimate pour-over coffee experience automated for entertaining, the Ratio Eight is our bulletproof flagship brewer. The open design of the Ratio allows for the aromas to escape, and it carefully regulates the flow of water depending on how much water you pour in. These are assembled by hand in Portland Oregon using the highest quality parts and materials. If build quality is a top priority, we recommend the Ratio Eight with its 10 year warranty.