1. Things you will need: Pitcher (1 quart), bowl/measuring cup (at least 1 pint capacity)
2. Heat Machine fully. Remove top cup tray, water tank, drip tray, and unplug machine.
3. While standing in front of the machine tip it towards you, it should almost balance between the frame and the front legs. Hold machine in place with one hand.
4. Place bowl/measuring cup beneath group head, open brew lever. You should see close to 2 cups come out, it may take a few minutes as water comes out at a trickle. Close brew lever.
5. Set machine back down, place a pitcher beneath the hot water tap. Open hot water valve allowing steam and water to come out. Once no more steam/water is coming out close hot water tap.
6. Allow machine to cool. Make sure "power" and "steam" switches are in the "off" position, as well all valves are closed (steam/hot water/group).