If your ECM Classika begins to leak from the steam wand even when it is closed, you may need to replace the gasket on the inside of the steam wand. Below you will find step by step instructions on how to remove the steam wand, and replace the gasket.
A vice could be handy
1. Remove the top panel from the Classika by taking out the 4 allen screws you see on the top of the machine. Inside you will see the inside piece of the steam valve, which is held on by a collar and attached to the copper pipe by a nut. Remove the nut first, and then the collar and the valve will be free.
2. Once you have the nut and the collar removed, the steam valve will come out of the front side of the machine in one piece.
3. Remove the rear piece of the valve, this is where a vice may come in handy.
4. Once the pieces are separated, you may find the gasket not fully seated inside the brass fitting. Generally we recommend replacing the entire brass piece, as the gaskets can be very difficult to get into the piece.
You will want to use a small amount of food safe lubricant on the black gasket to prevent the inside of the valve from sticking to it.
5. Once all the previous steps are finished, follow the steps backwards and put it all back together and you should be set to go with a new seal.