Black handle double spouted commercial portafilter, Black handle bottomless commercial portafilter, Double basket, Triple basket, Blind basket, 15 amp converter cord, Cleaning brush, Spare Group Gasket, Spare set of Shower Screens
Filling the Reservoir
- The A53 Mini comes with a softener pouch, located in the reservoir. While this can help soften hard water, we recommend using already softened and filtered water, to avoid having to purchase replacement softener pouches.
- Once you’ve verified that your water is adequately soft and filtered, remove the reservoir from the machine, remove the softener pouch, and fill the reservoir to the line two inches from the top.
- Reinsert the reservoir.
Power on Machine
- Unless it was specified before shipping, your A53 mini will run in 15 amp mode to start. For tips on switching between 15 and 20 amp modes, check out this article.
- Plug in your machine using either the 20 amp plug or the 15 amp convertor cord
- The machine comes standard with a 20 amp plug but also has an adapter for regular three prong kitchen outlets.
- When it’s plugged in the machine will enter standby mode. You’ll know your machine is in standby when the LUCCA light illuminates and the power light flashes.
First Time Startup
- First, we have to fill your brew boiler. Before turning on your machine, press and hold the power and hot water button, located on the top right of the machine. This will activate the pump and begin filling your brew boiler.
- Continue holding both buttons until approximately 4 ounces is dispensed from the grouphead. Then, release both buttons.
- Now, we have to turn on the machine and fill the steam boiler. Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to turn on your machine.
- With the power on, the machine will automatically begin filling the steam boiler.
- At this point, the machine will start heating. You’ll know the machine has come to temperature and is ready to pull shots once the 95 light stops flashing.
- The numeric lights running horizontally across the control panel signify the heat of the coffee boiler, the 95 light will flash until the coffee boiler has reached operating temperature. The flashing boiler light signifies the heat of the steam boiler, the boiler light will flash until it has reached operating temperature as well.
- At this point, your machine is ready to pull your first shots.
- The one cup and two cup buttons on the left side of the control panel are for brewing espresso. They are both preset to dose about 1.5 ounces of espresso when pulling a shot or 4 oz without the portafilter inserted.
- To stop the shot, simply press the same button again once you’ve reached your target output.
- If your first few attempts at drawing a shot seem very far off in terms of the amount of espresso coming out before the machine stops, see the programming mode below on how to program volumetric dosing.
- Once you’re grinder is dialed-in, it’s very easy to reprogram your buttons to deliver the same volume of water every time. For tips on how to program your shot volumes, take a look at this video.
- Anytime the machine notices the steam boiler has had more than one ounce leave through the steam tip or hot water tap the steam boiler will automatically refill and can take up to 30 seconds.
- When the machine is in standard operating mode, the top right button draws water through the steam tap. Tapping it once toggles the steam tap on and will draw out about eight ounces unless tapped again to toggle the steam tap off. The hot water tap will only draw water once the steam boiler has begun building pressure. Holding down the boiler button for five seconds will turn off the steam boiler, turning its light off. Holding the boiler button down for five seconds while it is off will turn the steam boiler back on and turn the boiler light on. If the boiler light is off, you will not be able to froth milk. It is normal for the boiler light to occasionally flash very briefly once the machine is warmed up.
- The one cup and two cup buttons on the left side of the control panel are for brewing espresso. They are both preset to dose about 1.5 ounces of espresso when pulling a shot. If your first few attempts at drawing a shot seem very far off in terms of the amount of espresso coming out before the machine stops, see the programming mode on how to program volumetric dosing.
|Body panel material||Stainless steel front, top and back panels|
|Side panel material||Black plastic, or optional wood|
|Drip tray||Matte black plastic|
|Drip tray cover||Stainless steel|
|Drip tray capacity||54oz|
|Drainable drip tray||Yes, with optional drain kit|
|Reservoir or plumbed||Reservoir only (direct plumbed A53 available with rotary pump)|
|Capacity||3 Liters/100 fl oz, makes approximately 25 beverages|
|Material||BPA Free Plastic|
|Removable||Yes (front loading)|
|Low water shutoff||Yes|
|No Burn (insulated)||No|
|Wand movement||Articulating, full rotation|
|Steam tip holes||4|
|Optional steam tips||Yes|
|Temperature control||Digital temperature control|
|Brew temperature adjustment||Individual degree, Celsius|
|Steam boiler adjustment||Individual degree, Celsius (controls max steam power)|
|Display type||Light up numerical display (numbers blink to indicate heating)|
|Brew control||Both semi-automatic and volumetric programming|
|Pre-infusion||Optional chamber adds fixed 6 second preinfusion|
|Hot water tap||Button operated (electronic solenoid)|
|Pressure gauges||Dual guage displays both pump pressure and steam boiler pressure|
|CUP WARMING TRAY|
|Materials||Chrome plated brass body with plastic handle|
|Type||Commercial 53mm (deeper baskets hold as much as 58mm equivalents)|
|Baskets included||Double basket holds up to 18 grams, triple basket holds up to 22 grams|
|Type||Semi-saturated, electronic solenoid activated|
|Maintenance||Urnex Full Circle or Cafiza backflush detergent|
|Materials||Brew boiler is nickel plated brass (inside and out), stainless steel steaming boiler|
|Brew boiler size||0.45L /15.2oz|
|Steam boiler size||1.2L /40.5oz|
|Brew boiler watts||800|
|Steam boiler watts||1250|
|Max wattage||In ECO (15 amp) mode 1250 watts, in switchable 20 amp mode 2050 watts|
|Boilers automatically fill||Yes|
|Recommended brew pressure||9 bar (calibrated during bench testing)|
|Adjustable brew pressure||Yes|
|Warranty||2 years for home use, 1 year for commercial use|
|Recommended application||Home or office (for businesses we recommend direct plumbed A53)|
|NSF Certified for Commercial Use||Yes|