If you encounter a problem with your equipment purchase from Clive Coffee, we are here to help. Please read through to understand how we will take care of any issue that arises with your machine.
To receive warranty troubleshooting and technical support from Clive Coffee, you must provide proof of purchase in the form of your original order number. For orders placed online or over the phone, this information would have been emailed to you at order confirmation and also included on the packing slip.
What the warranty covers:
Replacement parts and labor costs to correct defects in materials and workmanship are covered for a period of one year from the original delivery date.
Shipping costs related to warranty replacements or repairs will be covered by Clive Coffee for the first 30 days from the time you received your machine. This means we will pay for UPS ground shipment costs both ways. After 30 days, the customer is responsible for shipping items to Clive Coffee, and we will pay the shipping costs back to the customer (full shipping insurance for the value of the machine will be available for an additional fee).
What the warranty does not cover:
Please keep in mind that general "wear and tear" on parts that are subject to deterioration due to normal use, such as gaskets, filters, grinder burrs, plastic parts like bean hoppers, and so on, are not covered by this warranty.
Important: The following circumstances are not covered under Clive Coffee’s warranty policy:
- Problems related to water damage, poor water quality, and scaling. This is by far the most common cause of espresso machine failure. Please ensure your water quality is suitable for espresso machines to prevent these issues which will not be covered by warranty.
- Glass or ceramic products such Inker, Chemex, Hario and Yama are excluded from warranty. Please call us as soon as possible for replacement if your order arrives broken. Unfortunately we cannot replace broken items if shipped internationally. Items shipped overseas are done so at the buyer's risk.
- Products for which the applicable serial number has been removed or altered.
- Any product that has been damaged or rendered defective as a result of accident, abuse, misuse, lack of reasonable and necessary maintenance/cleaning, neglect, faulty installation, mishandling, damage during shipment, line power surge or any external causes.
- Operation of product outside the parameters stated in the user documentation that shipped with product.
- Usage of parts not manufactured by original manufacturer, including installation of PID devices.
- Modification or service by anyone other than Clive Coffee.
- Acts of God, such as lightning, flood, power outage or fire.
- The cost of installations of routine maintenance items, such as gaskets, o-rings, grinding burrs, and other normal wear and tear items.
- Usage of product in a commercial environment.
- Shipping costs to ship product back and forth to Clive Coffee, except for the first 30 days from receipt via UPS ground.
- On-site labor or labor at a facility other than Clive Coffee.
- Expedited shipping cost of parts to customer for self-repair.
What an "Extended one year warranty" covers and what it excludes:
Extended one year warranty has the same coverage as the one year warranty just extending the warranty for an additional year.
- Customers invoice which does not state "Extended one year warranty" for the appropriate line item on the original invoice are not covered for the additional year.
- Extended one year warranty period is not transferable.
- Extended one year warranty expires two years from the date of purchase of the machine.