Thank you for purchasing the ECM V-Titan 64 espresso grinder. In this manual, you should find everything you to need to operate and maintain your machine. Please read carefully before using your machine. And if we've missed anything, you always know how to contact us. Let's get started!
!! NOTE: ALWAYS KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL PACKAGING IN CASE OR RETURN FOR SERVICE !!
INCLUDED WITH DELIVERY
1. Bean hopper with lid (1000 g)*
2. Lock slide for bean hopper
3. Safety screw fixture
4. Coffee funnel with lid
5. Portafilter holder
6. Display / Timer
7. Adjustment for grinding level 8. Grind level indicator
9. Grinding button
10. On/Off switch
11. Catching tray for grounds
*also available: bean hopper 500 g
64mm titanium-coated steel burrs
|Capacity bean hopper||1000g (optional 500g)|
|Grinding time||T-On: 10 sec / T-Off: 90sec|
|Dimensions HxWxD inches||19.3" x 7.9" x 10.2"|
- Make sure that the main supply voltage corresponds to the information given on the type plate on the bottom of the grinder.
- Always attach the bean hopper by fastening the safety screw.
- Plug the grinder into a grounded socket only.
- Do not roll or bend the power cord.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- Before starting to operate the grinder make sure
- that the grinder is switched off
- the electrical cord is not plugged into the outlet
ADJUSTING THE GRIND
- Turn the grinder on. Fill the hopper with fresh coffee beans. Open the lock slide by pulling it outward.
- Perform a trial grind by shortly activating the grinding button.
- If the grind is:
- too coarse, turn the grind level adjuster clockwise (numbers on the scale are getting smaller)
- too fine, turn the grind level adjuster counter-clockwise (numbers on the scale are getting larger (use only small steps in adjusting the grind; e.g. only 1⁄2 turn of the adjuster)
GRINDING AND PROGRAMMING
Fixating the portafilter and adjusting the height
During grinding, the portafilter can be comfortably rested on the portafilter bracket. The bracket can be adjusted for different portafilter heights by loosening both Allen screws with an Allen wrench (2.5mm).
Programming the individual portions
Programming the grinding time is programmed through the display.
- The time for a single shot (one portion) is programmed in menu item t1.
- The time for a double shot (two portions) is programmed in menu item t2.
DISPLAY OF THE QUANTITY COUNTER
The quantity counter will indicate the entire amount shots dispensed from the grinder. Please note that a double shot will count as two single shots.
The V-Titan 64 grinder allows for not only automatic/timed grinding but can also be operated as a manual grinder as well. In order to activate the manual grinding mode, please follow the instructions below:
(NOTE: If the Manual Grinding Mode is set to ‘Off’, grinding manually is possible as well. However, the grinder acts temporarily slightly delayed in this mode when the grinding button is kept pushed down.)
DEACTIVATING THE RUNNING LIGHTS ON THE DISPLAY
You can switch off the running lights which appear during the standby mode.
To switch them off, press +: Only a dot is visible on the display (Dot on the right-hand side: The Manual Grinding Mode is On; dot on the left-hand side: The Manual Grinding Mode is Off.)
The tenths of a second appear on the display during the automatic grinding process of a single or double shot. ‘Man’ is displayed during the manual grinding process.